Friday, September 9, 2011

Glass-blowing and a reminder on creation

One afternoon, while in Canon Beach i spent some time in this glass-blowing shop and was fascinated at how the could mold and shape this molten mass into something beautiful.  Through observation, and after asking numerous questions, I learned (not surprisingly) it takes a great deal of patience as well as years to become proficient in glass-blowing.  Wow - what a gift though!  In the glass reflection between the oven and where I was standing, you can see some of the glass-work in the shop. 



Going to the shop and thinking about this particular talent caused me to think more about creation.  It's something that is innate in each of us and why we look for beauty in nature through photography, painting, or cake decorating, sewing, writing, flower arranging or any other number of things.  In bringing chaos together into cohesion we become creators.  It also reminded me of my worth as a daughter of the Great Creator. . . . and led me to this incredible Mormon Message called:  Create

No comments:

Post a Comment