Friday, September 9, 2011

Haystack Rock and Ecola Park

I love taking advantage of opportunities to sit and enjoy nature, mostly because of the way it soothes my soul.  People often ask what I do when going on trips with Dan.  Mostly, I spend time exploring, learning and seeing new things.  Which are all things I definitely get excited about.  So, one of the days we were in Seaside/Canon Beach I spent the day outdoors and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Below are some pictures from the Ecola Park viewpoint looking down on Haystack Rock and the surrounding ocean/beach area. 














Since moving to the Northwest, I've learned quite a bit about the Lewis & Clark expedition as well as Sacajawea.  This picture is one of many, many tributes to the three of them and their journey. 


Sailors and lighthouses . . . kindof funny things to like, but for some reason, whenever I see them, they just make me happy. 




Not the cutest picture - It was cold!


Some elk we saw while spending some time in Ecola Park. 






The infamous Haystack Rock.





Pretty profound, I know. . .



I really like this picture because it shows Dan in his element.  He loves water. The times we have spent at the beach or at a pool always seem to leave him more relaxed.   When we are at the beach he usually takes some time to savor and enjoy the experience and just take it all in . . . a bit like he is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment