Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Double check -temple #13 and state #38

My last blog talks about my '50 things to do before I die' list.  On that list is to visit each temple in Utah.  Originally I had hoped to do work inside of each of the 13 temples in Utah.  However, I may just settle for having been on the grounds - which I accomplished on the trip to Moab in March.  The Monticello temple was the only temple in Utah I lacked for achieving my goal.  So, while driving to 4 Corners (working towards another tally mark on my '50 things' list) we stopped at the temple, walked around and took a picture.  Check #1. 

Monticello, Utah Temple


Another goal I have been working towards is being in all 50 states in the United States.  After returning from our first day of hiking in Moab incredibly burned I decided to forego another day on the trail.  My dad, having been the instigator of the initial 'visiting all 50 states' fever in our family, discovered 4 Corners was only about 2 to 2 1/2 hours away (we thought).  So, we decided to take a bit of a trip.  It turned out to be more of a 3 hour drive each way due to horrible and the amount of construction in that area.  Although it probably would have been more enjoyable for him to stay at the condo, I am grateful my dad came with me.  Here she is: State #38 and check #2.


My dad - He is a fun person to travel with and we had a nice time. Too cute!


Check it out . . .


 . . . four places at one time.  That is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment